This year, I’ve been participating in the 2011 Debut Author Challenge. The challenge is pretty simple: readers try to read at least 12 MG/YA books published in 2011 by debut authors. So far this year, I’ve read 26, which is well past what I expected to accomplish. For a full list of what I’ve read, you can see my Debut Author Page.
Kristi at the Story Siren hosts the challenge, and she’s recently opened up the sign-up for 2012. This is an easy challenge, and since I’m obsessed with YA anyway, there’s no reason for me not to sign up. It gives me a chance to read the newest voices contributing to YA.
There are a lot of great debuts next year. Here’s the link to the Goodreads list for 2012 debuts.
Some books I’m hoping to get to next year:
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (January 3, 2012)
- The Whole Story of Half a Girl by Veera Hiranandani (January 10, 2012)
- Tempest by Julie Cross (January 17, 2012)
- Fracture by Megan Miranda (January 17, 2012)
- The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker (February 1, 2012)
- Someone Else’s Life by Katie Dale (February 2, 2012)
- This One Time with Julia by David Lampson (February 2, 2012)
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (February 7, 2012)
- Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood (February 7, 2012)
- Article 5 by Kristin Simmons (February 14, 2012)
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg (February 21, 2012)
- When the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Helliseth (February 28, 2012)
- Shooting Stars by Alison Rushby (February 28, 2012)
- Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler (March 6, 2012)
- A Breath of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont (April 1, 2012)
- The Selection by Kiera Cass (April 24, 2012)
- Kiss the Morning Star by Elissa Janine Hoole (April 28, 2012)
- Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelly Coriell (May 1, 2012)
- Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield (May 10, 2012)
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (June 2012)
- Reuinted by Hilary Weisman Graham (June 12, 2012)
- Something Like Normal by Trish Doller (June 19, 2012)
- If I Lie by Corinne Jackson (September 4, 2012)
- Time Between Us by Tamara Island Stone (October 9, 2012)
- Level Two by Lenore Appelhans (Release date unknown)
- What She Left Behind by Tracy Bilen (Release date unknown)
There are sure to be other books that end up making this list, but these are the ones I’m most excited for. Are you participating this upcoming year? What books are you looking forward to?